Owners of Maruti’s Baleno, Ciaz and other Nexa cars can now monitor information related to their cars through the NEXA App which is available on Android and iOS. Maruti Suzuki has just launched a Telematics Solution for their Premium NEXA range of cars.
What is this?
This technology is something similar to what GPS tracking Services like Map my India and AutoCop provide albeit its manufacturer backed and has no warranty issues and you don’t have to run to pesky Automotive accessories shops to get it installed. This device connects to your vehicles ECU and works over the cellular network to provide you with real-time information about your car via the NEXA app.
- Emergency Alerts – Accidents are an emergency and in case of any AirBag deployment, the device would send alerts to all the phone numbers you have listed in emergency contacts
- Tracking & Geofencing – Users can easily track the whereabouts of their vehicle using this app. Geofencing is also available, the user gets to select an area on the map and once the vehicles enters or exits this area the app would alert the user, best used with drivers and youngsters driving.
- Driving Analysis – App would recommend the best way to extract maximum mileage.
- Vehicle Status – Fuel level, Airconditioner Status, SeatBelts etc
- Miscellaneous alerts – Low Fuel, Over speeding and service reminders
- Preventive Assistance – In case of vehicle failure the nearest service centre would call the user, this is a great feature we feel, although Maruti vehicles seldom break down.
At a Price of Rs 9999, All existing and new customers of Maruti Nexa range of vehicles can avail this product.
Honda motors India had introduced a similar product by the name of Honda Connect for their range of cars.